Best 7 books to Understand Insurance industry Mergers and Acquisitions:
The insurance industry is experiencing a wave of mergers and acquisitions – this consolidation is destined to continue. See our article about Too many underwriting shops?
The low return period for the industry is a part of it. But expansion and consolidation will ebb and flow for this industry. As an employee, investor, and stakeholder in the industry it is important to be educated about the pros and cons, how M&A occurs, valuations, case studies, etc.
Here is a list of the Best 7 books to Understand Insurance industry Mergers and Acquisitions:
The single-most comprehensive guide on this subject, this must-have text is the work of expert authors from accounting, actuarial, banking and legal backgrounds who provide real-life lessons learned and practical hands-on techniques that immediately can be applied in today’s swiftly moving M&A environment. This innovative book provides an in-depth look at the entire M&A process, including financing, due diligence, tax and accounting issues and post-acquisition integration. It contains a wealth of information on insurance M&A transactions, including commentary and case examples written by company executives and outside advisors who have participated in the M&A process.
The easy way to make smart business transactions: Are you a business owner or executive thinking about selling a division, a subsidiary, or the entire company? Or are you thinking about how you may be able to grow your business by merging with or acquiring other companies? Or are you a student thinking about making a career in a mergers and acquisitions (M&A) related industry?
In other words, if you are looking for a plain-language, no-nonsense guide about how mergers and acquisitions can affect your company and career, you’ve found your book!
Mergers & Acquisitions For Dummies is your insider’s handbook about the practice of buying and selling companies. It explains the entire M&A process step by step, introduces you to industry specific terms and acronyms, details the documents used when buying or selling a company, discusses valuation techniques, reveals insights about how to finance deals, provides real world examples of how to structure transactions and bridge valuation gaps between Buyer and Seller, and gives you the basic tools you will need to successfully close M&A transactions.
Plus, you’ll get expert advice on identifying and contacting potential M&A targets, performing due diligence, drafting the purchase agreement, and integrating new employees after the deal closes.
Going beyond the case studies of other books, Mergers & Acquisitions For Dummies is your one-stop reference guide for successfully buying or selling companies.
Buy Here: Mergers and Acquisitions For Dummies
A timely update to the global best-selling book on investment banking and valuation
In the constantly evolving world of finance, a solid technical foundation is an essential tool for success. Due to the fast-paced nature of this world, however, no one has been able to take the time to properly codify the lifeblood of the corporate financier’s work–namely, valuation. Rosenbaum and Pearl have responded to this need by writing the book that they wish had existed when they were trying to break into Wall Street.
Investment Banking: Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts, and Mergers & Acquisitions, Second Edition is a highly accessible and authoritative book that focuses on the primary valuation methodologies currently used on Wall Street–comparable companies, precedent transactions, DCF, and LBO analysis–as well as M&A analysis. These methodologies are used to determine valuation for public and private companies within the context of M&A transactions, LBOs, IPOs, restructurings, and investment decisions. Using a step-by-step how-to approach for each methodology, the authors build a chronological knowledge base and define key terms, financial concepts, and processes throughout the book. They also provide a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of LBOs and an organized M&A sale process, as well as merger consequences analysis.
In the aftermath of the subprime mortgage crisis and ensuing credit crunch, the world of finance is returning to the fundamentals of valuation and critical due diligence for M&A, capital markets, and investment opportunities.. This involves the use of more realistic assumptions governing approach to risk as well as a wide range of value drivers. While valuation has always involved a great deal of “art” in addition to time-tested “science,” the artistry is perpetually evolving in accordance with market developments and conditions. As a result, Rosenbaum and Pearl have updated the widely adopted first edition of their book with respect to both technical valuation fundamentals as well as practical judgment skills and perspective. The authors have also added a comprehensive and highly technical chapter on buy-side M&A analysis.
Furthermore, the authors address the importance of rigorous analysis based on trusted and attributable data sources. In this book, they highlight several datasets and investment banking tools from Bloomberg, a leading provider of business and financial data, news, research, and analytics.
Mergers and acquisitions represent a successful growth strategy for many companies, but, while potentially profitable, MA transactions are complex and often risky. Covering the latest trends, developments, and best practices for the post-Madoff era, this comprehensive, hands-on resource walks readers through every step of the process, offering practical advice for keeping deals on track and ensuring postclosing integration success. Filled with case studies and war stories illustrating what works and why, the third edition of Mergers and Acquisitions from A to Z offers valuable tools, checklists, and sample documents, providing crucial guidance on: preparing for and initiating the deal; regulatory considerations; due diligence; deal structure; valuation and pricing; and financing even during turbulent market conditions. MA transactions can quickly spell a company’s doom if they are not conceived and executed carefully, legally, and sensibly. This is the classic guide to mergers and acquisitions, now completely updated for today’s market.
Buy Here: Mergers and Acquisitions from A to Z
The Complete Guide to Mergers and Acquisitions: Process Tools to Support M&A Integration at Every Level (Jossey-Bass Professional Management)
Ease the M&A process with a more effective integration plan
The Complete Guide to Mergers and Acquisitions is the ultimate handbook for planning and managing post-merger integration. Packed full of “how to” guidance, tools, templates and resources that have been put to the test on numerous due diligence and integration efforts around the world, The Complete Guide to Mergers and Acquisitionshas been the go-to guide for firms seeking to maximize the value of their deals since the release of the first edition in 1999.
Poor integration management virtually ensures that a merger or acquisition will fail to meet financial and strategic goals. The Complete Guide to Mergers and Acquisitions provides the information that enables firms to quickly and prudently capture projected cost and revenue synergies, and to move the combined organization forward. The book addresses strategic deal considerations, due diligence, integration management, people dynamics and cultural integration, common integration mistakes, communications strategies, and provides actionable steps toward creating measurable, positive results throughout the integration process. The updated third edition contains new information and tools to help firms in any industry manage deals of all sizes, including:
- Results of The State of M&A Integration Effectiveness Survey, 2014
- A new chapter on the M&A process deal stages, with an expanded Deal Flow Model
- Findings of substantial M&A research from various studies in multiple industries and organizations, supporting the concepts presented throughout the book
- New and revised tools and templates for due diligence, integration, and results measurement and reporting
- New case examples of recent transactions
- Highlighted ‘Key Principles’ throughout each chapter
- A summary of key points at the end of each chapter
- Discussion questions addressing the key themes of each chapter
- A ‘rapid assessment’ diagnostic regarding the key elements of each chapter, which can be completed for any organization
- A revised chapter on taking your M&A game to the next level – essential requirements for building M&A capabilities into a consistently successful enterprise competency
Merger and acquisition activity across the globe continues to grow, and is also playing a major role in the development of expanding markets. A well-managed integration effort is essential to success, and failure means a tremendous waste in terms of time and money, as well as the rapid destruction of shareholder value. The Complete Guide to Mergers and Acquisitions: Process Tools to Support M&A Integration at Every Level, Third Edition is an invaluable resource to guide firms in managing M&A integration and maximize the value of their deals.
A comprehensive guide to the world of mergers and acquisitions: Why do so many M&A transactions fail? And what drives the success of those deals that are consummated? Robert Bruner explains that M&A can be understood as a response by managers to forces of turbulence in their environment. Despite the material failure rates of mergers and acquisitions, those pulling the trigger on key strategic decisions can make them work if they spend great care and rigor in the development of their M&A deals. By addressing the key factors of M&A success and failure, Applied Mergers and Acquisitions can help readers do this. Written by one of the foremost thinkers and educators in the field, this invaluable resource teaches readers the art and science of M&A valuation, deal negotiation, and bargaining, and provides a framework for considering tradeoffs in an effort to optimize the value of any M&A deal.
Buy Here: Applied Mergers and Acquisitions
Authoritative and completely up-to-date, the Fourth Edition of The Art of M&A is an unsurpassed, one-stop guide to every facet of mergers and acquisitions that enables you to make winning deals with complete confidence.
This definitive resource retains its popular Q&A format, offering quick access to all the changes that have occurred in the field since the merger wave of the 1990s. The book explores every key aspect of winning M&A transactions, and presents advice on avoiding common M&A pitfalls.
The Fourth Edition of The Art of M&A features vital information on:
- Getting Started in Mergers and Acquisitions –learning the basic M&A process, requirements, negotiating skills, and objectives
- Planning and Finding –deciding what to buy and then locating it
- Valuation and Pricing — using multiple valuation methods to discover the true value of an acquired company or unit
- The Art of Financing and Refinancing — mastering funding sources and issues
- Structuring M/A/B Transactions — managing general, tax, and accounting considerations
- The Due Diligence Inquiry — looking into the past, present, and future risks of the business to be purchased
- Negotiating the Acquisition Agreement and the Letter of Intent– understanding two vital documents in the M&A process
- Closing — synchronizing the many individual items to produce a harmonious transaction
- Postmerger Integration and Divestitures — following through after the M&A deal to capture the economic value of synergies
- Special Issues for M&A in Public Companies_examining the unique legal and business considerations of public entities
- Workouts, Bankruptcies, and Liquidations — handling specific financial problems that arise in M&A transactions with entities in the zone of insolvency
- Structuring Transactions with International Aspects — developing the necessary skills and knowledge to do M&A deals across national borders
- 4 books for the Insurance Millennial
- Best books to learn about Insurance Linked Securities
- Must read books to understand Blockchain impact on Insurance
- Great personal finance books to read before 30
- Top books for successful negotiation skills
- Books to help understand the InsurTech Revolution: MUST READ