Top books for successful negotiation skills:
One way to be successful in life, is to see success in business and relationships. This takes times and establishing trust, as well as requires a lot of give and take. There are a tremendous amount of books out there about negotiation skills, tactics, and techniques to beat/crush your opponent in negotiations. Many have found positional bargaining and anchoring as less successful ways to negotiate and potentially destroying value over time.
However, here are 5 books that insurance professionals (& non insurance pros) should consider using to help improve their negotiation skills – this type of approach will help balance the relationship and trade-offs during negotiations. You may notice a pattern with William Ury and Roger Fisher as authors, but these are great principles that we have seen and experienced success from implementing.
It may help you save money over time and/or grow your business.
Getting to Yes offers a proven, step-by-step strategy for coming to mutually acceptable agreements in every sort of conflict. Thoroughly updated and revised, it offers readers a straight- forward, universally applicable method for negotiating personal and professional disputes without getting angry-or getting taken.
In Getting Past No, William Ury of Harvard Law School’s Program on Negotiation offers a proven breakthrough strategy for turning adversaries into negotiating partners. You’ll learn how to:
• Stay in control under pressure
• Defuse anger and hostility
• Find out what the other side really wants
• Counter dirty tricks
• Use power to bring the other side back to the table
• Reach agreements that satisfies both sides’ needs
Getting Past No is the state-of-the-art book on negotiation for the twenty-first century. It will help you deal with tough times, tough people, and tough negotiations. You don’t have to get mad or get even. Instead, you can get what you want!
From the Harvard Negotiation Project, the organization that brought you Getting to Yes, Difficult Conversations provides a step-by-step approach to having those tough conversations with less stress and more success. you’ll learn how to:
· Decipher the underlying structure of every difficult conversation
· Start a conversation without defensiveness
· Listen for the meaning of what is not said
· Stay balanced in the face of attacks and accusations
· Move from emotion to productive problem solving
In Beyond Reason, Fisher and Shapiro show readers how to use emotions to turn a disagreement-big or small, professional or personal-into an opportunity for mutual gain.
This indispensable book gives you a simple three-step method for saying a Positive No. It will show you how to assert and defend your key interests; how to make your No firm and strong; how to resist the other side’s aggression and manipulation; and how to do all this while still getting to Yes. In the end, the Positive No will help you get not just to any Yes but to the right Yes, the one that truly serves your interests.
- Best 10 Books for Cyber Insurance
- Top books for Data Science and Insurance
- Books to embrace the Digital transformation in Insurance
- Must read books on Leadership
- Top 10 books in Reinsurance
- Top 11 books for the Insurance Industry