4 Steps for filing Homeowners claims:
During periods of extreme weather, fire, or home damage it can be very stressful. There are times when many people won’t be able to comprehend the damage and personal loss, let alone think about the specific steps for filing an insurance claim.
This is a quick video on the 4 steps for filing a homeowners claim. Better to watch now and never have to use, than to not know or try to find the info after the loss.
Take a look at the video, it has much more info – but the quick notes include the 4 steps.
Step 1: Contact your insurer as soon as possible
Step 2: Fill out any required paperwork
Step 3: Document damage to house and contents
Step 4: Keep records of temporary repairs or additional living expenses for reimbursement
A great video from the Insurance information institute:
- Best Possible Ways to Deal with Insurance Claims
- Is Damage to my Fence covered?
- Flood: does my homeowners policy cover?
- Top 10 Questions about Homeowners Insurance
- How to protect your largest asset: your Home